May 23, 2017
Lowcountry Local First has launched a Commercial Space Advisory Team, and we are pleased that our managing partner, Gray Taylor, is a member.
The team is comprised of local experts who are willing to assist local business owners answer questions related to commercial property.
Examples for advising may include:
– Pointing local businesses in the right direction (Do I need an architect? How much space do I really need?)
– Offering ideas or different solutions to consider (What if I lease a bigger space than I need and sub-lease to a friend?)
– Confirm marketplace assumptions (What can I expect expense pass-throughs to be? How can I compare a full service lease with a net lease?)
– Explaining common lease terms (What needs to be considered given my business plan? Should I engage an attorney?)
– Permitting and zoning (I have a great opportunity to lease a property, but the zoning doesn’t fit my business. What next?)
COMMERCIAL SPACE ADVISORY TEAM MEMBERS
Real Estate (Broker, Developer, Finance)
– Jeff Baxter, Cityvolve
– Michael Friedman, Luxury Simplified
– Jim Haley, Cityvolve
– Sebrina Leigh-Jones, Luxury Simplified
– Trey Lucy, Belk | Lucy
– Jonathan Oakman, Landmark Enterprises
– Steve Varn, Varn Real Estate
– Luiz Yamashita, Dunes Commercial Properties
Design (Architect, Landscape Architect)
– Gary Collins, SeamonWhiteside
– Gaston Dietz, R2L:Architects
– Judy Dixon, Rush Dixon Architects
– Sacha Rosen, R2L:Architects
– David Thompson, David Thompson Architect
– Gray Taylor, Buist Byars & Taylor
Regulatory (Zoning, Permitting)
– Amanda Herring, City of Charleston, Dept of Business & Neighborhood Services
– Ryan Johnson, City of North Charleston, Office of the Mayor
– Amy Livingston, Town of Mount Pleasant, Business & Tourism
LLF is clear that the Advisory Team is not intended to replace the services of professionals in the real estate industry. Rather, it is a starting place, where team members offer advice and guidance in an unbiased, objective and limited format.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
All industries and business types are invited to participate. This service is available to LLF members at no cost. LLF staff will respond to all inquiries and determine if a consultation is appropriate.
To learn more, please contact Lauren Gellatly, Community Development Director/LLF, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (843) 801-3390.